Thursday, March 13, 2008

question...

I recently read Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge. It was really good. I'm not one for "self-help" books of any kind (Christian or otherwise) but this one was different. It didn't have the lists of do this and don't do that. What it did have was some suggestions for what makes women tick. And how to reconnect to the power source of our lives (God) if we've become unplugged. I really appreciated it and the message resonates in my soul. A few days after reading it, I wrote this poem. The form is called etheree and each line grows by one syllable until it reaches 10.

Question and Answer

Do
you find
me beautiful?
This single cry
of my soul requires
the universe to pause.
My dearest heart, you, only
you are my crowning glory, you
complete my creation. Honored one,
I am captivated by your beauty.

1 comment:

Andrew Clarke said...

Sara, this should be an e-mail but I could not find an address. If you like reading Christian fiction, may I suggest a title to try? "Outcasts of Skagaray" is a fantasy adventure, dealing with the cruelty of an ungodly society which rejects and abandons children. It has a good outcome, because Christians are allowed to believe in them. For sample chapters, see www.threeswans.com.au For my blog, see http://threeswans.blogspot.com